Vision, Mission and Goals
Computer Science Faculty will act as the foundation and mother of other computer science faculties and institutions in the country, and will be the center of excellence for studies and research. The graduates of this faculty will be recognized as high skilled professionals, analytical and critical thinkers in the fields of computer science and they will contribute in the development and economy growth of the country by providing the needed software and services.
- Provide high quality education for the graduate and undergraduate students of computer science faculty in order to enable the students to be successful leaders and innovators.
- Promote qualities of professionalism, teamwork essence, and critical and analytical thinking in order to solve complex problems using computer technology.
- Provide quality undergraduate and graduate education in both theoretical and applied foundation of computer science and train students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems.
The main objective of the Faculty of Computer Science is to train professional cadre in Software Engineering, Information Systems, and Information Technology. The main objectives can be summarized as following:
- Understanding the core theories in different fields of computer science and the ability of graduates to apply and implement these theories using efficient tools and techniques for design, implementation and maintenance of computerized systems.
- The ability to analyze and assess problems and find solution for these problems.
- The ability of students to work in team for different IT Projects in such a way to avoid risks.
- The ability of students to take professional, social, and ethical responsibilities during working.
- Prepare students to be able to demonstrate proficiency in analyzing complex problems and critical thinking using computing technology.