Natural resources, the assessment of natural resources, and access to facilities for natural resources are among the basic rights of nationals of each country. In order to realize this national concern, the establishment of educational institutions in the field of Earth Sciences aimed at the training of well-trained and specialized geoscientists is a pressing national concern.
In order to achieve this ambitious goal, the existence of the Geo-Science faculty in modern science is considered to be a leading institution at the national level and has the following objectives:
- Providing geologists, geographers, hydro-meteorologists and young and trained specialists in earth sciences to society.
- The active participation of the graduate of Faculty of Geo-Science on the basis of modern scientific and technical methods in the sector of natural resources of the country.
- Advancement of the technical and professional affairs of governmental departments of the country's natural resource sector by graduates of the Faculty of Geo-Science.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of Afghan natural resources data.
- The active contribution of the Graduate Faculty of Geo-Science to the development, exploration and scientific use of all natural resources in Afghanistan.
- Protection and reasonable use of all natural resources of the country, such as water, air, mines, environment.
In order to achieve the above mentioned goals, it can be implemented through the implementation of the new curriculum, and each department has its own specific objectives, which have been addressed in separate sections.